Tasks for summer selling
How about flowers
Selling a home during the summer months actually isn’t all that much different than in any other season of the year. Here’s a quick list of things you can do when the weather is warm and the sun is shining:
1. If painting the exterior is not feasible at least give the exterior of the house a power wash.
2. Make sure your front door says “Welcome!” Brighten it with a coat of paint and new hardware or replace it with a new door to add overall sales value.
3. Is there a flower bed next to your front entry? Spruce it up with fresh flowers, trim any bushes and make sure the lawn is mowed.
4. Spiders! Remember to take a broom and de-web. Sure they’ll be back but you want them not so noticeable on home showing day.
1. Open the curtains! Let the sunshine in and keep the lights turned on. When you’re showing your home you want it to shine like it is on Broadway!
2. Make the interior comfy by turning on the AC and ceiling fans. Speaking of ceiling fans, make sure they are clean and sparkling (they often get forgotten on the cleaning to-do list).
3. Empty out closets (and cupboards) about halfway. You do still live there, but you want your potential buyers to see that there is plenty of closet space–they will sneak a peek!
4. During showings place crisp white sheets over the beds. You don’t need to get expensive ones, but white looks so summery.
5. Place a vase of fresh cut flowers on your kitchen counter. A way to bring the summer inside.
And, because it’s summer, consider filling the kitchen sink with some ice and mini bottles of cold water.
Have an awesome home showing! The Jacobi Team.